Friday, September 24, 2010

Paksiw na Pata (Braised Pork Hock)

This is the Philippine version of the Pata Tim. It's a favorite of mine and I'm proud to say that it's my daughter's first dish. She, of course, made it with my guidance. She is so eager to learn how to cook that she even insisted me to buy her an apron. I'm glad my kid has interest in what I do best. Maybe someday I can pass her the torch.

Paksiw na Pata (Braised Pork Hock)
What you'll need:
1 pig knuckles, cut into serving portions and pre-boiled
4 cloves garlic, crushed
4 saba bananas, halved and fried
1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
1/2 cup pineapple syrup (from the pinapple tidbits)
1/2 cup dried banana blossoms, knotted
1 tsp peppercorns
1-2 pcs bayleaf
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup pork stock
1/2 cup sugar

How to:
1. In a small pot, combine all ingredients except for the bananas and pineapple tidbits.
2. Cover pot and let boil for 10 minutes.
3. Turn down heat and add the rest of the ingredients.
4. Let simmer for another 5 minutes.
5. Adjust the taste according to your liking and remove from heat.
6. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment