Tuesday, September 21, 2010

First stop, The Labuyo Burger...

Okay, this recipe is my own creation and I'm proud to say that it's really good. I made it especially for me and my drinking buddies. After long hours of beer drinking, we tend to crave for burgers and we end up having 2 for P20 burgers at the local burger stand. It was tasteless and the patty is suspect. I want my hamburger big and oozing with juices. I want Tabasco and JalapeƱo peppers in there, too. I want the meat to be cooked just right, not rare and not over done. As you may now know, I LOVE IT SPICY AND HOT. What's more hotter than Siling Labuyo? Put my two of my favorite things and you have the Labuyo Burger. Now, this burger is not for the faint hearted. It will burn your palate the moment you bite into it. So, if you don't like spicy foods, don't try this one.

The Labuyo Burger


For the patty:
1/2 kilo ground chuck, lean
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp rock salt
2 tsp curry powder
2 tsp cayenne
1/2 cup siling labuyo, finely chopped
1 tsp liquid smoke

For the sauce: (optional)
1/2 cup siling labuyo, finely chopped
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/2 water
1 tsp vinegar
1 tsp sugar
salt & pepper

Toppings:
1 white onion, cut into rings and grilled
cheese sauce

How to:
1. Mix all patty ingredients in a bowl until well blended. Set aside.
2. In a sauce pan, combine all sauce ingredients and bring to boil. Do not stir because the vinegar might become too sour. After a few minutes, turn the heat down into low and simmer for at least 3 minutes, give or take.
3. Divide the meat into 3 portions and roll it into a ball. Place a ball of meat in a Cling Wrap and press down to make a patty. Do the same with the other 2 portions.
4. Heat up the grill. You can also use stove top but it's better to use charcoal. Grill the patties until done. Check to know if it's done by pressing lightly on top of it. The texture should be firm and juicy.
5. Assemble the cooked patty on a bun and top with grilled onions and sauces. You can add pickles, lettuce, tomato or even bacon to make a variety of this recipe. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. sarap naman...nice blog po...kakagutom. Magmemeber po kayo sa topblogs para makita ninyo ang ratings ninyo

    ReplyDelete