Friday, September 24, 2010

The Best Chicken and Pork Adobo

This, my friends, is the real deal. It's the best adobo you'll ever have. This recipe is a hand-me down from my mom and my lola. I promise you, it's absolutely awesome!

The Best Chicken and Pork Adobo
What you'll need:
3/4 kilo pork belly, cut into serving portions
3/4 kilo chicken pieces
1/2 kilo chicken liver, boiled and mashed into pate consistency
5 cloves garlic, chopped
3 pcs bayleaf
1 tsp peppercorns
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup vinegar
2 cups water
cooking oil

How to:
1. Marinate meats in soy sauce, vinegar, peppercorns and bayleaf for at least overnight.
2. Heat some oil in a pan and brown both chicken and pork. Add garlic.
3. Add the marinade and water. Bring to boil until the pork is tender.
4. Add the mashed liver and simmer for 3 minutes.
5. Adjust the taste to your liking by adding some more soy sauce and vinegar.
6. Remove from heat and serve with rice. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment